- From – I’m from Lawrence, KS
- Day Job – I own Sunflower Outdoor & Bike Shop
- Cycling History/Experience – I’ve been a bike rider since high school, and was an endurance runner before that. But gravel is my passion
- Hmm…I’ve finished 10 DK200s (all before sunset), winning 4 of them and finishing second twice more. I’ve won a Gravel Worlds title, and last year I won Trans-Iowa (first rider ever to win a DK200, GW, and T-I) in a 190-mile solo break through freezing temps, sideways rain, and 140 miles of headwind.
- I honestly love riding gravel because the roads are the best roads, the people are the best tribe of riders out there, and the experiences where you have to dig REALLY deep are the best experiences. Riding the gravel of the Flint Hills and beyond will change your life. Seriously. Not hyperbole.
- I’ve had a gravel bike named for me, and been featured in the Specialized S-Works catalog and Outside magazine. But somehow, even though he’s only won ONE DK200, Yuri is the “popular one.” Go figure.
I’ve been known to drink a beer or two during the DK200.